Sunday, December 03, 2006

So, we played the gig that I showed up for Friday. It went fairly well. I liked the tone of my saxophone last night, but i'm getting tired of playing the songs we have. They sound good, but i'm really starting to feel stale on them. No new ideas are coming, and it gets frustrating. I know at least one other memeber of the band feels the same, so hopefully we can get on writing out some new shit. There was a rather large party there who really seemed to be having a good time, and enjoying our music, I think we might have landed a private party gig out of it. Which can be fun, so i'm looking forward to that. They had a rather signifigant amount of expensive wine along with them (the restaurant being byob). After we were done, they offered me a glass of 30 year old port. It was very nice, probably the fruitiest wine i've ever drank. If you are unfamiliar port is a very sweet red desert wine, often associated with catholic communion. It was perhaps a bit too sweet for my taste, being as I prefer slightly dryer reds, syrah's, shiraz, chianti and such. but, had i the money, i'd definentally pick up a bottle of that stuff.

After the gig, Dan Evans, Aaron, and myself decided to get a drink, we went to applebee's of all places... It was close and none of us felt like going far, although we were a little skeptical of patroning the (tgif, ruby tuesday, applebees) style bar. It was actually a pleasant experience. They have 5 dollar drafts of Troeg Brewery's Mad Elf, which is Troegs christmas brew, and an LVC holiday tradition, at least as far as DA201 is concerned. Speaking of Holiday traditions, tonight is Christmas at the Valley, Which i was really looking forward too, until nearly everyone backed out of coming. Ohh well, some traditions you just have to observe yourself.

I know the writing style of my blog is inconsistent, poorly spelled, and of a disgusting use of grammar. If you feel like reading a well written, well organized, and i'm assuming properly spelled blog. I high recommend bassist Fred Otteson's Blog on Pennlive.com http://midstatecrisis.blogs.pennlive.com/

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Julia said...

Fred's got some comma usage problems. Other than that, I agree with you. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home