Monday, November 27, 2006

I hate night's like tonight. Temporary insomnia is not something that anyone should find enjoyable for any reason. Staying up all night is cool and helpful sometimes, like when you're at a really hep party, or if you work 3rd shift. But when you have nothing to do, no one to see, and all you really want to do is sleep. It really takes a toll on you.

The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

I wish I could say this is the first time this has happened to me, but it isn't, it happen's more and more frequently. I'm not all that sure i've had more than a night or two of consistent good sleep since graduating from college. Maybe i'm not getting enough "triumph for my magic steel" in the morning. Or maybe i'm just not drinking enough.

A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.

- Charlotte Brontë

Insomnia is a gross feeder. It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking.

- Clifton Fadiman

It's really the root of the problem, I think, Just like that lunesta commercial says, You can't shut your brain off. Mine's on a real roll tonight. sometimes I can meditate it away. But not when it's this constant. I really wish I was a better writer, I get good ideas on nights like tonight. But every time I try to write it always turns out poorly.

If a man had as many ideas during the day as he does when he has insomnia, he'd make a fortune.

- Griff Niblack

Or at least he'd be able to write a decent book. Given he had any sort of skill in that department. I suppose i'm writing all this. But it's definentally not any sort of literary genious. My gramatical, and spelling errors are usually enough to completly destroy anything I write. and my sloppy sort of too short, or run on sentences really kill any other hope i'd have. I suppose I could go all Mark Twain and say i'm just trying to write the way I speak. But i don't think anyone would buy it. I'd fancy practicing writing in a journal of sorts... but i'm sure i'd be too embarassed to show it to anyone, and thusly, wouldn't get any feedback, and wouldn't get any better.

Four O'clock in the morning is not the most convient time for me to have these thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home