Thursday, November 23, 2006

So, all in all I find there tend to be two times when i take to blogging... when i'm feeling extreamly depressed, and when i'm feeling extreamly good.. so i'm pleased to announce that I am well. Not fantastic beyond all reason... but not bad either. This is a completly over-dramatic free post. Hopefully. Honestly I can barely tell.

Oba Oba played tonight at Jackie Blue, one of chesterattic's regular haunts (www.myspace.com/chesterattic) The gig was over all decent. Although I feel there is a lot that the band can improve on. Myself included, maybe first and foremost. but not really. I'm not arrogant enough to claim any even mild sort of perfection, nor am I self-depreciating enough to not realize I am hardly the biggest problem. We have one more gig this saturday with the group as it is. Then we will start up again in january with some changes.. not sure how many yet.. but hopefully more than we currently have planned. Either way, come january I think Oba Oba Brasil will see itself up another level or two, performance and musicality speaking.

Among Music personally, i have been in a pretty deep Micheal Brecker binge. The God of tenor saxophone, although very ill at the moment. Just eating his music and his sound. After christmas has come and gone i'm planning on putting some money away and getting a new mouthpiece, ligature, maybe reed setup for my tenor. The goal of which will be to find a cleaner, more powerful sound, both for where my personal interested are going. As well as to improve the quality of the professional work I'm currently doing. My Otto Link 8* has served me very well for the better part of 6 years. But it no longer is offering the focus and power I really find myself wanting and needing. I've personally made modifications to it that have helped... but as much as I hate to leave it behind. I think it's time to freshen my setup.

So there are others things at work and brewing in my life. It's been a rather busy month, with 38+ hours a week at Toys R us, 5 hours or so of lessons, and at least 4 hours of gigs every week. sleeping among other things has taken a backseat.

Thanks for the comments, Jordan, and meals, you're both very missed. I could really use a GOFSP some of these days.

Also Julia who took the time to not only read my blog, but research through it's pages and pages of bad grammer and poor literary construction, deserves a good mention as well.

I hope you all Have a Happy thanksgiving. I'm going to bed, waking up, and eating turkey. I hope you get to do the same.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger jordan said...

just about all the gofspers have mentioned a desire for our sunday night ritual. you're sorely missed as well. maybe we should think about making a real effort to get everyone on the same patch of grass sometime relatively soon.

i hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home