Saturday, September 09, 2006

Good times and things that put a smile on my face.
Well, if you were at tonight's chesterattic show, you really missed out, because we were tighter and higher energy than i think we've ever been. Perhaps the highest quality musical performance i've ever had the pleasure of giving... although i'm not 100% satisfied with the new reeds i put on (4 strengh rico royals for anyone who likes that sort of info) and with my BG ligature breaking leaving me to resort to an old nameless ligature... but all in all, setup defieceny's aside, i really how my sound was tonight... i've been practicing quite a bit extra lately, and although it feels like it's difficult to make progress at my level.. i suppose I'm slowly getting better and improving, I felt much more able to control what i was playing tonigh.. anyway i'm rambling... if you missed it, you missed out.

Which, to be honest, No one I invited showed up, Dan Evans rode along with me as he so often does... but he called me, I didn't even have to invite him... No one else, even those who said they were going to come did... and It's a little depressing... but, it turned out not to matter... We DID have a great audience, and attentive and interested audience... musicians who still care about music... which is very cool. I definentally met some new people tonight who i'm all about... and looking forward to working and hanging out with them in the future.

So, really those things put smiles on my face... Starting and tune and hearing someone say... "Ohhhh yeahh man, that's Soulive" People cheering and clapping after you play... Talking to cute girls about playing reage versions of disco tunes... people who can drink and chill, and not be sloppy stupid 2nd street drunks..

all around me i see people my age going through the motions of getting a job, marrying, having kids... it seems so... preprogrammed, like everyone is doing it because they're supposed to... I'm glad to feel i'm a part of something outside that norm... I suppose withouth a high paying job, a wife, and two kids, i might not (or ever will be) successful by society's standards... But for tonight at least, I feel like a successful satisfied person.


You need to smile a lil' bit (aiyyo frown a lil' less)
Read a couple of books (and then smoke a lil' sess)
Get your mind right (but don't OD)
Cause overdoin it ain't doin it with quality

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home