Wednesday, August 02, 2006

ahhhhh another fine day at the beach, it's wednesday. each night i've been walking (alone) down the beach listening over the playlist i've created for myself. In case you don't know about the playlist.. it is a challenge i've issued to all my friends... if you haven't heard about it, it's either A) because i don't have your e-mail redily available, or B) because i just haven't mentioned it yet. but you all may participate. I want each of everyone to make a compilation Cd for a roadtrip, that represents you. not what you'd think i'd like. but to represent you. there are very few rules...
- it can only be 1 CD long
and... well, that's it. One disc, for a roadtrip, that represents you. I mention it here, because creating my own disc has been a delightfully revealing process... i've listened to each of my tunes many many times. at least 50 each i'm sure. i'm starting to think it's a list of music that really really represents me, maybe not how people see me, but at least how i see myself. So here i'll write my current playlist, although it's still open for small tweaks, maybe later on i'll expound on the deeper meanings of these songs for me, but for now, i'll just put up a playlist.

1- Overture - asuka Sakai/yu miyake - Katamari Damacy Soundtrack
2- Melody - Molly Johnson - Blue Note Trip, sunrise
3- Pilate's Dream - Jesus christ superstar OST
4- Stitched Up - Harbie Hancock feat. John Mayer - Possibilities
5- Somerset - Bela Fleck - Inroads
6- Politik - Coldplay - A rush of blood to the head
7- Don't wait too long - Madeleine Peyroux - Don't wait too long
8- Pop is dead - Radiohead - Rarities
9- Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai - Traveling Without Moving
10- Her Majesty - The Beatles - Abby Road
11- Pranging Out - The Streets - The Hardest way to make and Easy Living
12- My Red Hot Car - Squarepusher - Go Plastic
13- Somersault(dangermouse Remix) feat MF doom - Zero 7 - Zero 7 EP
14- Ask DNA - Yoko Kanno - cowboy bebop movie OST
15- Cigarettes and chocolate milk - Rufus Wainwright - Live at the World Cafe
16- Out of my head - Fastball - All the pain money can buy
17- Sway - Dean Martin
18- Wind - Akebosi- Naruto best hits collection
19- No way back - Nujabes and Fat Jon - Samurai Champloo, Departure
20- While My Lady Sleeps - John Coltrane - Coltrane

So there you go, other good things happened yesterday. hopefully more good things will come from the good things that happened. But only time can answer questions like that. hopefully more good things will happen today. but right now, i think i'm going to go investigate the arcade at our dear resort. Until then, I hope I find you well. Make them CD's and send em my way. I can think of no better way to capture the essense of those I hold most dear.
Danny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home