Tuesday, December 02, 2003

So even amid thousands of things piling up around me, and work so numerous it treatens to kill me. NOTHING, can ruin my mood after a night like tonight. Small jazz was just plain fun... everything was cool, a little slow at times, but cool... Finally we did a really hip-hoppy version of Hi-fly well, it was just perfect for me, and we were playing in groups of three, owen had went with stu and steve, I went and felt really super good on the tune, I actually liked my solo!! I must say, it's not often I really really really enjoy something I play often. But soon after that, I heard Owen mutter, Man I want to jam with Dan... I know it doesn't sound like much, but to ME coming from a person like Owen, it's like the hugest compliment I think I have ever received, at least the biggest i've ever received about my playing... It's like all of a sudden 11 years of work are finally paying off... I don't know what else to say about it... I just feel like stuff is starting to be there... My tone has just been good, everyone likes it, and it's all my own... Mr. Strohman even told me in my lesson that on my saxophone I sould like all the old black guys, which is good, because those old black guys, Coleman Hawkins, Sonny Rollins, and of course Dexter Gordon, are my heros they're the guys i've been emulating for the last 2+ years.. so to hear I sound like them makes me happy. All the jazz stuff i'm working on, i'm picking apart at professional levels... i'm just so damn pleased with my playing that all this other crappy work just can't bother me. So who knows...

I had a fabulous thanksgiving break with Erin, it was truely wonderful, however not long enough... ohh well, in under two weeks it will be christmas vacation... I can't belive it's here already, but it is and that's that.

I need sleep, to bed I go.
When I wake up, Unfortunatally I know
Much to early it will be
Much much to early in the morning for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home