Sunday, July 03, 2005

Trees

We cut down quite a few trees this weekend... but bright and early monday morning the big one comes down... sadly it is very near my house... and although the chance is slim, there is still a chance that it will land on my house... Which makes me nervous... but as it is a very large very slowly rotting tree, I would rather take the chance of controlled chopping it down... than waiting for it to rot and fall on its own... Either way I have a nice new bamboo staff... and speaking of bamboo does anyone know where I can get some to grow? I want bamboo in my yard like no one's business but i'm having trouble... my new staff was from a stalk we planted last year... but didn't take... sigh sigh... how is everyone doing? Talk to me people, Dover is a lonely scary place... Thank god I have Erin.. She's the best.

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger jordan said...

you don't want bamboo. our neighbors have it and they can't control it. they cut it way way back every year and, like a weed, it comes back full force every season. the stuff is an epidemic. it'll take over your yard.

hope all is well.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Daniel R said...

Actual that is exactly what I want to happen... We have a whole area that is a swampy weedy mess... If it would just get taken over by bamboo i'd have plenty to work with and a bamboo forest would be the perfect thing for that yard... Glad to hear from you for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home