Saturday, January 14, 2006

Belated thanksgiving.....

Let's see, in thanksgiving '05... well, in '05 in general... i didn't feel i had very much to be thankful for... in fact i was quite sure for awhile that my life wasn't even worth keeping on with... last year left me with scars, and pain... will either ever go away? judging from sights around me, probably not... the thing is, that despite all the scars and pain... there is alot blooming around me... Driving back home late this evening... i realized just how much i really am thankful for.

first is my friends... the good friends... the best friends... the people that have constantly held me up, even when often enough they could barely stand on their own... I know she doesn't read this but shiela especially will hold a special place in my heart... mayhaps for the rest of my silly little life... she went far beyond the call of friend.. and i'm very thankful to have her a part of my life...
Some friends don't hold you up when your down... but push you to your limits when you are lax... jason Bachman has been pushing me to new heights, and i love him for it... Not only do i find his programming to be amazing in general in the House of Falling leaves our monthly radioshow... but everytime i hear something new he's moved a few more steps ahead... so i already feel like i'm running to keep up with his natural genious... then this morning in my e-mail i recieved a challenge... a dare, or battle if you will... It's going to take something amazing to rise to this challenge, and although i'm not going to go into detail at the moment.. let me just say i'm very excited about it.
Nextly i'm thankful for the random series of events that put me in touch with Chester Attic, the band i've been playing with fairly reguarly, and will be playing with at the very least twice monthly this year. We just finished up another outstanding gig... at Jackie Blue a new restuarant and bar in midtown harrisburg... we'll be playing there alot more this year... but the first impression was good anyway. We were asked to perform a few encore songs by the owner of the restaurant, and a crowd of excited bar people... and it was good... also i played happy birthday, twice this evening.. the first time i was told it was the sexiest happy birthday they'd ever heard... the second got me asked out by three different girls... so upon hearing the news of my unavailability, procedeed to make sure i told my girlfriend that she was a lucky girl... and if she ever wanted to get rid of me, to give them a call... lol, perhaps a bit overrated.. but it was fun.... for happy birthday.
Then there is that lucky girlfriend, my amber 'lizabeth... or liz, as i'm slowly taking to calling her for no good reason... i told her about all my baggage, my annoying shitty habits, the worst of me, i told her all this upfront.. in what was an attempt to push her away because of how scared i was to be in another relationship. instead of running away, she has proceeded to take me for what i am, and what i seem to be meant to be. she seems to like me for me, not my potential, not for some idealized view of me... but just for what i am... baggage, shit and all...
so far '06 has been interesting if nothing else... and a bit of a wild ride.

Night
And the spirit of life
Calling

Oh, oh, iyo
Mamela [Listen]
Oh, oh, iyo

And a voice
With the fear of a child
Answers

Oh, oh, iyo
Oh, mamela [Listen]
Oh, oh, iyo

Ubukhosi bo khokho [Throne of the ancestors]
We ndodana ye sizwe sonke [Oh, son of the nation)]

Wait
There's no mountain too great
Oh, oh, iyo
Hear the words and have faith
Oh, oh, iyo
Have faith


p.s. - i'm also thankful for my insence, which makes my house smell like a buddhist temple.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so....lucky girl,huh? you can assure them that I have NO plans of ever getting rid of you!!! i kinda like you....i know, i know....it's crazy but you amaze me! signed: a. 'liz...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home