Wednesday, February 25, 2004

So it's finally Wednesday night... Now the fun starts....
Tomorrow me Bachman and his brother Ben are going down to Maryland/DC to Chuck Leven's Washinton Music house, which is a giant music store in the Sam Ash variety. I have full inentions of staying there until I find a mouthpiece for my soprano. Which will make me quite happy.
Then as long as I survive my friday classes, I get to go to shippensburg and Spend the whole weekend with my Erin which is going to make me even happier! I really can't wait.

So i've been practicing alot more lately, which is to say i've been practicing... It still doesn't feel like enough, not near enough... I've felt very restless lately... Can't seem to quite get a grip on why.. just generally uneasy... like a calm before the storm sort of deal... I hope ever so much, that that storm is my playing.. but that remains as yet to be seen.

So I sent Mr. Strohman and E-mail in an attempt to aquiest our small jazz group a whole recital all to ourselves... so that we may "spread our wings" A bit, and get in some more playing time, which is all we're really after. He hasn't responded yet.. but I remain positive.. I'd also like to see if I can nudge us into the coffee house sometime too... that would be another very very awsome gig.. I wish I had a band, and I wish a jazz band could make good money... but They really can't, and I don't have a band even if they could... Either way, I did my laundry tonight.. well before I was completly out of clothes, so that made me happy.. Sorta, or as happy as laundry can make someone I suppose..

The Passion of the Christ started today.. apperently all sorts of people are being moved, including an old woman who had a heart attack and died during the cruxifiction.. All I can say is i'm NOT going to go see it... I hate religious media... It's like trying to pull god down to us.. We can understand him so we televise him... if we want kids to get it, we make it a cartoon.. adults, make a movie... write a touching novel about angels then sell it for 24.95 at the Christian bookstore, what a joke... You've got to rise up to god... because he can't be brought down to us... it's got to be a personal experience... if god we're truely marketable, he'd keep well in a tin can... stored in the kitchen closet... need a spiritual experience, crack open a can of god... or go watch the movie, and if your really religious you can always get it on DVD, it has special added bonus religious experience.... bah....

Religion is when, like Elvis, God leaves the building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home