Sunday, September 25, 2005

the stuff the stuff

Erin and her roommate went down to the giant protest ralley, i'd say it was a glittering success and a horrible failure. Success because somewhere around 100,000 people came out to protest the war, and around 150 came to support it. A horrible failure because not only was the president not there to hear it. He already said in before it started that he "appreciated their intentions, but they were wrong" So i dunno, he's just definentally the worlds dumbest asshole, and we gave him the keys to the big red button, shame on us really.
I must say though, While i'm not in support of the war, I really hate Cindy Sheehan, "the anti-war mom" as it were. She's only protesting because her son died, i think that's sad, I can understand where she's coming from, but i honestly don't think the lives of people are on her mind, she's just pissed about her son, and has no other outlet for it. Dying Iraqis don't concern her. Ohh well, my wee little soapbox.

In much more jubilent news, The Brassialian band played they're first show last night. They changed the name again, but i still can't pronounce or remember it so I still don't know what we're called. We played four 40 minute sets at the cafe fresco on 2nd street in Harrisburg, (heading north it's right past locust street). We played from 7 till 11 and man am I exausted. I blew so much air my abs felt like I had done 500 situps, it's probably good for me actually. Some of the tunes were pretty rough, but the crowd definentally didn't notice, it was nice to play to a nice packed room... and I really didn't know there were so many Brassilians in harrisburg, and I definentally didn't know they could all dance so well!!! Everytime we fired up a good Samba that place would get moving, one of the waitresses was a trained flamenco dancer and she even put down her tray at our closing number and was spinning all around fast enough to half make me dizzy... Either way, it was a real blast. We're playing again next week, same place same time, I'd recommend coming around 8 o'clock, because by nine it was standing room only, and we're fairly warmed up and going good at 8. So, again, Cafe Fresco N. 2nd st. Harrisburg. 7 till 11. Hope too see you kids there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home